The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend-- Part 2: Boating and High School Football

FRIDAY, AUGUST 29TH:  People often ask me why we don't go to other places all the time.  The main reason is that there is so much to do around here.

And, of course, most summer and fall days, I have breakfast out on the front porch or the Flats, the patio on the east side of the house.  When I'm out there, I'd just as soon be there as anywhere else.

I drove over to McHenry and did some shopping and then went boating for awhile.

Then, it was time for high school football.  If the weather is decent, most Fridays during September and October, you'll find me out at local high school football games.  I go to see the Richmond-Burton Rockets (our town's high school, to which I give lots and lots and lots of property tax money.  I also see the Johnsburg Seahawks, Grant Bulldogs, Round Lake Panthers (where we lived for 17 years and Palatine Pirates (where we went to high school).

Richmond-Burton opened their season playing Roosevelt High School Rough Riders from Chicago.  It wasn't much of a game as the Rockets led 35-0 at the end of the first quarter and won 42-6, playing second and third strings.  I would have thought a school from Chicago would do better.

Plenty of Entertainment for Your Buck at High School Games.  --RoadDog

No comments: