The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Indy 500, 2014-- Part 6: Al Unser Jr.'s Camaro

Yesterday I mentioned getting Al Unser, Jr.'s autograph at Speedway's Rockin' On Main Street on the Friday after we arrived.  I had seen the car out in the festival area when we walked over to Barbecue and Bourbon.  And since I have a yearning to get one of these new Camaros, this one is really striking.

It is called the Al Unser, Jr. Limited Edition Camaro and produced by BPR, Big Power Racing.  You can see it at www.AUJcamaro.com.  Only 31 are to be built and feature a 6.2 L LS3 engine with 600 hp.

Cost is around $56,000 if I remember correctly and can go as high as $80.000 with options.    One of those is delivery and track day with Al Unser, Jr. and a racing helmet signed by him.  One mighty impressive vehicle.

I talked earlier with a salesman who said to come back at 6 PM as Al Unser, Jr. was going to be there to sign autographs.  Believe me, you don't want to get into autograph lines at the Indy 500 as they stretch forever.  But, I went back a little before 6 and was shocked that no one was in line.

Well, I'm going to start a line right then and there.  Unfortunately, when he got there, someone else started another line and I had to get into it, but a person in it had seen me standing there and gave me cuts, so i was just three persons back.  I got a nice autograph on a picture of the car.

I Want That Car.  --RoadDog

No comments: