The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

In Case You're Wondering About the World War II Posts

Tomorrow will mark the 70th anniversary of June 6, 1944, also known as D-Day, probably one of the biggest military undertakings in American history.  World War II is the subject today and tomorrow as well.

Yesterday, I talked about a motorist aspect of the war, the appearance of female gas attendants to replace all the male ones who were now off fighting the war.  Until I read about the one in yesterday's post, I had never heard of women gas jockeys.  Of course, I knew about gas rationing.

Today, I will post about a gas pump advertisement and its connection.

Tomorrow, I'll write about that day.

--GreGen

No comments: