The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, June 6, 2014

D-Day Was 70 Years Ago Today

Continuing with this article from today's Chicago Tribune.  I am posting in everyone of my seven blogs today.

Richard Duchossois, 92, was a young Army officer from Chicago's Southwest Side who is now chairman of Arlington International Racecourse, said he has also noticed an uptick in attention given to World War II veterans.

"That's in the past, and I try to live in the future--but yeah, you think about it.  In the past year or so, maybe because Normandy has gotten so much attention, I was dumbfounded with how many people say, 'Thank you for your service.'"  I know my mother is in the DAR and they all say that to any veteran they encounter.

Duchossois lives in Barrington and is part of an American delegation organized by the National World War II Museum that is returning to Normandy for this year's D-Day anniversary.  Though he didn't fight at D-Day, he did land on those beaches several weeks afterwards and served in Normandy.

The French government will present him with the Legion of Honor, the country's highest award, during his visit.

A day We Shall Not Forget.  I'm Flying My Flags.

No comments: