The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One Honey of a Whale

Today, I remembered to check out a small grocery store to see if they had some of that Tupelo Honey that I wrote so much about last week.  They didn't.  Just clover honey.  And since I've gotten a taste for such an item in my head, I will check out other stores.

Then, in yesterday's entry, I wrote that, according to the article, Mr. Carl Fisher was Miami Beach's first whale.  I have to admit, I did not know exactly was meant by the term whale.  So, I looked in some other sites and found out that whale is Las Vegas slang for high roller and big spender.

That is exactly what Carl Fisher was, and not just in Miami Beach, but early highways, car racing and some places in the northeast.

If Ever a Man Better Deserved That Name, I Can't Think of One Better Than Carl Fisher.  --RoadDog

No comments: