The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Music for the Road: Kenny Chesney

I also brought along a three-pack of Kenny Chesney CDs.  Evidently these were his first three albums dating from 1994 and each of the next two years.  Of the three, his best by far was the first, In My Wildest Dreams  I was impressed that he cowrote on a lot of the songs.  This one will always remind me of driving around Miami Beach and to the Orange Bowl for the NIU-FSU game Jan. 1st.

Most every song was a good one.  I especially liked "High and Dry," "Whatever It Takes" and "Somebody's Callin'."  The title track, "In My Wildest Dreams" was written by one of my favorites, Aaron Tippin.

He cowrote a lot of the second CD, All I Need to Know.  It was not as good as his first album, the old sophomore jinx.  I did like "Fall in Love" and "The Bigger the Fool."

I noticed that he did not write any of the songs on the third one, Me and You.  I liked "Back Where I Come From" by Mac McAnally, who is closely associated with Jimmy Buffett.  Also, "Turn for the Worse" is great country with lyrics like "Left was home, right was wrong."

Catching Up With the Ches.  --RoadDog

No comments: