The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, March 16, 2024

When Irish Eyes Weren't Smiling So Much

The Day before St. Patrick's Day and I still haven't had any corned beef & cabbage (cb&c).  Not that I haven't tried.  I am now 0 for 2 in attempts.

First I went to the Lake Villa (Illinois) St. Patrick's Day celebration.  Sadly, by the time I got to the VFW, they had sold out of cb&c.

Then, I drove to Johnsburg with intentions to get cb&c at Sunnyside.  Yesterday, I had stopped in and seen them advertising what I was looking for.  Unfortunately, I hadn't noticed in the fine print that it was being offered at Cullom Knoll over in McCullom Lake near McHenry and not at Sunnyside.

The woman who owns Sunnyside also operates Cullom Knoll.

So, so far no corned beef and cabbage for me.  But, in a few minutes I'll be heading over to Saylor Mick's in Spring Grove and I understand they have cb&c.

Here's Hoping.  --RoadLessCornedBeef


No comments: