The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, March 15, 2024

Getting My Irish on Tomorrow

Well, I have three options for tomorrow.  A lot depends on the weather which sounds a bit iffy.  Ans, of course, there are the crowds.  Tomorrow seems to be the bigger of the two weekend days even though St, Patrick's is actually on Sunday.

The biggest one tomorrow would be the McHenry (Illinois) ShamROCK the Fox which includes the dying green of the Fox River, a parade and bands.  That is usually a bit too crowded for me.  This involves five bands throughout the day in huge tents. 

If I decide against McHenry, I will go to Lake Villa (Illinois) for their annual parade and then to the VFW for the corned beef & cabbage dinner and a band afterwards.  

If that doesn't work out, the Fox Lake/Grant Township Historical Society is having a group come in at the museum and give an old-time radio broadcast.  Then, it would be a trio to Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes (Wisconsin) for free corned beef & cabbage.  Layer, Saylor Mick's in Spring Grove for green beer and entertainment.

SUNDAY, ST. PATRICK'S DAY, McHenry continues bands in the tents and fireworks at night.  The Fox Lake American Legion has St. Baldrick's Day where folks have their hair cut off for a good cause.  (I'm not, I'll donate.)  Then a corned beef and cabbage dinner and entertainment.

Here's Hoping My Tongue Doesn't Get Too Green.  --Road O'Dog


No comments: