The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

What Is On a Proper Chicago Dog? (Hint: Ketchup Is Not One of Them)

In the last post I wrote about one of my favorite foods, he corned beef & cabbage.  Here is another one.

One of my all-time favorite things to eat (but without sports peppers).  Give me a good ol' Chicago Dog.  Our local Home Depot is mighty mean as they have a hotdog stand at the exit which has gotten me quite often.

Hey, just that wonderful smell.  You know.

Then that first bite.

Your "proper" ingredients:

Kosher pickle spear

Celery salt

Yellow mustard

Sport peppers (well, not for me)

Neon relish

Diced onions

Fresh Tomatoes

Now, I have never quite understood my wife Liz's hot dog choice:  a plain hot dog, maybe with a squirt of ketchup.  And she is a Chicago native, born and grew up there.)

Oh Well.  --RoadHotDog


No comments: