The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Parish Fest-- Part 2: Oompah Band, Brats, Beer and a Sundae

I go for two reasons:  great food and drink and entertainment.

Even with the fewer people attending, there was plenty of the two main reasons why I went.

Like I said before, New Odyssey Band had played there for about ten years and then another band in 2019 before the event was canceled in 2020.

Today's band was Die Musikmeister's, an oompah German band that sure looked the part and played the music.  I've seen them before and had a great time and sure did today.  I am a big fan of oom-pah music and polkas.  I don't care what they say, an accordion is a great instrument.  Why, even our old DeKalb Footstompers had an accordion.

Plus, the food.  I always get the brat which come with sauerkraut unless you request to not have it.  But, who would eat a brat without sauerkraut.  Almost sacrilegious if you ask me.  And, oh yes, mustard and onions.  Good eatin' in the neighborhood.  I washed it down with two draft beers and had a Culvers sundae for desert.

 Enjoyed talking with a couple from Johnsburg who were heading to North Chicago afterwards for a Serbian Orthodox Church festival.

This was the first of my two places I went to today.  Next I went home, picked Liz up and drove to McHenry for the Keep the Spirit of 45 Alive event.

The Parish Fest takes place every second Sunday of August.

--RoadDog


No comments: