The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Along 66, June 2021: Four Ways and Atom Bombs

JUNE 20

The Four Way restaurant in Cuba, Missouri, has reopened as  Weir on 66.  It is in a former Phillips 66 station.  It had reopened and operated for five years as the Four Way, but the coronavirus closed it.

Oy was built in 1932 by Paul T. Carr.  A very recognizable building so am glad it has reopened.

Four Way always made me think of that Cincy chili.

JUNE 24

California nearly used atomic bombs to help bypass Route 66.

California highway planners had considered using nearly two dozen atom bombs to level a mountain range for a new alignment of I-40.

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm kind of glad they didn't.

Blow me Away.  --RoadDog


No comments: