The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, August 6, 2021

First Firebird Cruise-- Part 6: West of 173 to Hebron and What I Saw

 JULY 1, 2021, Thursday

I continued west on Illinois Highway 173, past many farms and fields.  I used to drive this road twice a year back when we had a boat.  I did this until just a few years ago, but, alas, we are now boatless.  Like they say, the two happiest days in a boater's life is when they get their first boat and when they sell their last boat.

We kept the boat at a farm a mile west of Hebron, Illinois.  We found this to be a great price for storage.  We paid $30 a month and it was stored inside a barn.  We ended up getting a lot of our friends overwintering there as well.

Hebron, Illinois, is a small village located where 173 crosses Illinois Highway 47, another road I have driven many times in the past.  

As I approached the intersection, I saw a tent with all sorts of flags flying at it.  As I got closer, I could see the name Buck Fiden written on a sign.  I was wondering if this was some sort of an Irish place until I saw all the Trump flags flying, then realized what it was all about.

There were several people there.  I don't know, but you should show some respect to the presidency even if you don't like the current one.

--RoadCrusin'


No comments: