The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, August 9, 2021

First Firebird Cruise-- Part 8: On the Non-Road and Then to a Cemetery

THURSDAY, JULY 1

One of Hebron's big claims to fame was when its tiny high school, with 98 students, wo the 1952 Illinois State High School Basketball Tournament.  They show their pride by the backboards on the light posts and their big water tower which is painted to look like a basketball with 1952 State Champions on it.  You can see a picture of it in my Cooter's History Thing blog.

I continued west on 173 to Johnson Road and turned right to head up to the Linn-Hebron Cemetery.  I took this road many times over the last fifteen or so years as we used to keep our boat over winter at a farm on this road.  Today, this stretch of road is a pleasure to drive, but most of the years I had to drive it, even the potholes had potholes in them.

That was one really bumpy ride, I tell you.  I was always worried about the boat coming lose.

Johnson Road becomes Nichols Road once you pass Hebron Road.  You take a right on Hillside Road and go a short distance to the Linn-Hebron Cemetery.

I planned to go by two graves there.

--RoadDog


No comments: