The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, December 4, 2020

Along 66, November 2020: Where I Get the Info and Lowell Davis & His Red Oaks II

I take these stories from the Route 66 News blog site.  I have my own Route 66 alerts but don't use them because of this site.  However, I don't use every article from it (even though there is at least one every day), I use just the ones of most interest to me and make comments on them.  However, I am usually at least a month behind.

But, if you want to really know what is going on on the Mother Road, check out the site.

NOVEMBER 1

Train planned for Red Oak II complex near Carthage, Missouri.  It will be a rideable train.

Red Oak II is the brainchild of folk artist Lowell Davis, one of those interesting characters you meet along Route 66.  Among other full size items in it are a Phillips 66 station, an old schoolhouse, a blacksmith shop, feed store, general store and several houses along with his really interesting art work.

We were fortunate enough to meet him when he was putting up his Welcome to Carthage sign by the Boots Court Motel several years back.  We were staying at the Boots.

So, the Boots and Lowell.  How Much 66 Can You Get?   --RoadDavis


No comments: