The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, May 1, 2020

Shamrock Cleanup Canceled


This weekend's cleanup planned for this weekend at the old Shamrock Motel in Sullivan, Missouri, has been called off by the Rt. 66 Association of Missouri because of you-know-what.

It is still for sale as far as I know, but I couldn't find out for how much.  When I first saw it was for sale a few years back for $125,000, I couldn't help but be a bit interested.  Not only is it Route 66, but also I am a huge fan of the giraffe stone exterior it has.  That is pure Ozarks to me.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep some of the units as a motel and then leaser out others for small businesses and perhaps live in several.

But my wife, Liz, soon changed my mind.  Probably for the better because as I get older, it is sure getting harder to do stuff.  Plus, running a motel is a REAL LOT of work.

Plus, Sullivan Is the Last Jack-in-the-Box Going West on 66 in Missouri.  --RoadNotBuyingIt

No comments: