The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, May 30, 2020

About Those Resin Tables for Sunnyside Tavern in Johnsburg-- Part 1: The Old End-Of-The-Year Parties


As I said in the last post, since Illinois outside of Chicago, reopened its restaurants and bars yesterday for outside dining and drinking, I had told the owner of Sunnyside last Sunday that I had a couple resin tables I was no longer using and that she could have them if she wanted.

She did, so a couple days ago I went into the spare garage bay (we have four bays) looking for those tables.

Now, let me tell you, we used to use those tables at our end-of-the-school-year parties back when we were teaching.  We'd have teachers from both Liz's school, Ellis Elementary and mine, Magee Middle School, as well as other folks we knew come.

These were really big parties with as many as 100-140 people over the course of an afternoon and evening.  We'd go through as many as three kegs of beer, a pig roast and deep-fried turkeys.  We needed the table space.

But, we have not had an end-of-the-school-year party since 2006,that's 14 years.  And, I haven't cleaned out the garage since then (well, considerably before that either).  And, I tend to gather things and not get rid of things, so you might just get an idea of what I encountered.  Oh, yes, and did I say I tend to clutter.

What Did I See?  --RoadMyGosh

No comments: