The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Just Hanging 'Round Here-- Part 3: A Fish Fry, High School Footbal Game, Legion, Historical Society Meeting, Memorial Party and the Sunnyside


FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20

Liz and I went to the Mayor's Fish Fry in Fox Lake at Lakefront Park (which used to be Skipper Bud's where we bought our 4 Winns boat in 1990).  AUCE dish and fixins' for $10 as part of the Fox Lake Fishing Derby tomorrow.  Met Frank and Lianne there.

I dropped Liz off at the Fox Lake American Legion and I drove to nearby Johnsburg High School where they were having a game against Marengo.  Johnsburg lost 33-0.  Then I went to the Legion and met up witj Liz and Kevin and Kelly.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21

I went to the Fox Lake Historical Society meeting in Ingleside where we heard a presentation on model trains.  Very interesting but sure glad I never got hooked on them as I got hooked on too many things as it is.  
In the afternoon, we drove over to Richmond, Illinois, where Ken Reid's children were having a memorial party for him.  That Kenny was quite a character and one of those that wherever he is, that is where the part is.  Sure miss him.  Later to Sunnyside Tavern.

--RoadDog

No comments: