The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Record Store Day 2019-- Part 1: It Came, I Went, I Bought


Not that I don't go to my mom and pop record stores every so often throughout the year, but Record Store Day is very special to me.  A day to honor my past.  A day to flip through those old vinyl albums and yes, you can even flip through CDs, just not as easily.

I went to my old mom and pop record store, The Vinyl Frontier Records (still a great name for a record store) in McHenry, Illinois, and perused the place.  It was crowded as it always is for Record Store Day which made moving around in the narrow aisle a challenge.  The owner said there had been a big line waiting outside when he opened, but not as long as in the past.

I bought two vinyl albums, well, one and a three album set:

BLUE AND GRAY--  Poco

AMERICAN ROADS--  a collection of country town, city and road-related songs on three albums.  (40 songs)

Some of those songs:

GOD BLESS THE USA--  Lee Greenwood
LOUISIANA SATURDAY NIGHT--  Mel McDaniel
TEXAS (WHEN I DIE)--  Tanya Tucker

OKIE FROM MUSKOGEE--  Merle Haggard
LONG HARD ROAD--  Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
HIGHWAY 49 BLUES--  Ricky Skaggs

ALL THE GOLD IN CALIFORNIA--  Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers
YOU'RE THE REASON GOD MADE OKLAHOMA--  Shelly West / David Frizzell
THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA--  Charlie Daniels Band

WICHITA LINEMAN--  Glen Campbell
EL PASO CITY--  Marty Robbins
SOUTHERN NIGHTS--  Glen Campbell

Some Good Listening.  --RoadDog



No comments: