The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Death of the Last Doolittle Raider, Richard Cole


While working on my Tattooed On Your Soul:  World War II blog today, I suddenly got to thing about the Doolittle Raiders and whether or not any of them were still alive.  I did a search and found out the last one, Richard Cole, 103, had died on Tuesday April 9, just short of the anniversary of the raid by nine days (April 18, 1942.

That is quite a coincidence.

I have written about the raid many times:

World War II blog--  91 times
History blog--  20 times
Down Da Road I Go blog--  3 times

This raid, coming so soon after Pearl Harbor, was a huge lift to American morale and a great blow to the Japanese who were sure it would be impossible.



No comments: