The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, April 14, 2019

"Gimme, Gimme Good Lovin' " by Crazy Elephant


In honor of Record Store Day and the April 14, 1969, WLS Top 40 Silver Dollar Survey, Chicago's 890 AM radio powerhouse, I am going to write about this song.  It was #14 this week fifty years ago.  It debuted March 24 at #36 then went to #29 and #19 on April 7.  It then went to #8 and peaked at #5 for two weeks.

They were truly a One-Hit Wonder.  This is their only song to crack Billboard's Hot 100 at #12

In other words, we heard it a lot, a whole lot.  But I never got tired of it (like with the Beatles "Hey Jude").  The more I heard it, the more I liked it.  As a matter of fact, I have now listened to it probably ten times and still movin' to it.

Every time I do the WLS Top 40 on my Down Da Road I Go blog, which I do once a month around the second week, I listen to all of the songs on the chart on You Tube which always has one or more versions of the songs.  This really takes me back.  The rest of each month I do the WLS Top Ten with weekly debuts.

This song is great Frat Rock or do you say Garage Rock.  I even saw one comment on one of the versions saying this was not Bubble Gum Music.  Yes, I can see where it might be Bubble Gum Music as it certainly is catchy.  And, I REALLY LOVE my Bubble Gum Music.

There is only one PROBLEM with the song.  It is way too short.  No jamming here.   Depending upon the version, it is anywhere from 1:57 to 2:03 minutes long.  I have had to go back and hit replay many times.

Well, after twenty times, I must admit I am getting Jes' a Little bit tired of the song, but I will recover and come back to my senses.

One thing You Tube likes to do for you is automatically go to a list of like songs that you might like and they do a real good job.  Right now I'm listening to "Build me Up Buttercup" by the Foundations with "Dream Lover" by Bobby Darin up next and then "Hang On Sloopy" by the McCoys.

Now, This Is Some Good Music.  --RoadSong

By the way, in a short time I have to go out and crank up the ol' snowblower as, here it is April 14 and we already have gotten six inches of snow and IT IS STILL SNOWING!!!!  I was out burning leaves earlier this morning.  Now I'll be removing snow.




No comments: