The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

N.C. January 2017-- Part 2: A Really Great Ten at Ten-- 1973

JANUARY 12, 2017

Whenever I'm traveling, I absolutely have to have my tunes.  Something about those tires on the pavement and sound just make the trip so much more fun.  I alternate between local radio stations and CDs I bring along with me.

Because of the late start, I was able to listen to Bob Stroud's Ten at Ten on WDRV, 97.1 FM out of Chicago.  It is simulcast also on 96.9 FM, which is how we listen to it to the north of Chicago.  Once you get a bit further south, we switch to 97.1 FM.

Today, he was back to 1973, and even if I do say so, I couldn't have picked a better Ten.  Can you name the performers?  Answers below.

CHINA GROVE--
BAND ON THE RUN--
SHAMBALA--

MIDNIGHT RIDER--
STEALIN'--
BROTHER LOUIE--
ROCK AND ROLL, HOOCHIE COO--

SMOKIN' IN THE BOYS ROOM--
ROCK ON--
ME AND MRS. JONES--

Needless to say, I was cruising along and doing a lot of singing.

Name That Tune (from the above):  "Wash Away My Troubles, Wash Away My Pain."  --RoadDog

Performers:  1.  Doobie Brothers, 2.  Paul McCartney & Wings,  3.  Three Dog Night,  4.  Greg Allman,  5.  Uriah Heep,  6.  Stories,  7.  Rick Derringer,  8.  Brownsville Station,  9.  David Essex,  10.  Billy Paul.

"Shambala"

No comments: