The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Here Are Five North Carolina Twists on the Classic Deviled Egg

From the March 2014 Our State Magazine "Updating a Classic: The Deviled Egg" by Wendy Perry.

If you're like me, you really love your deviled eggs.  Ever notice how these are always the first to go at a potluck or buffet?

BREAKFAST DEVILED EGG--  Crisp bacon and mashed potatoes.

CAROLINA COAST DEVILED EGG--  Blue Crab and roasted corn.

SASSY HABANARO DEVILED EGG--  Habanero bread-and-butter pickles by N.C.-based Miss Jenny's Pickles.  I kind of doubt I'd try one of these.  I accidentally got ahold of a habanero once in a stuffed olive and hope to never do that again.

PIMENTO CHEESE DEVILED EGG--  Pick up your pimento cheese from Conrad & Hinkle in Lexington.  I LOVE my pimento cheese.

TEXAS PETE DEVILED EGG--  Using Winston-Salem's Texas Pete sauce.  Now, you'd think with a name like Texas, this is where it would be made, wouldn't you?

Devilishly Good, Ya'll.  --RoadDog

No comments: