The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, March 11, 2011

More to the Sign Than I Thought

A photo post of the Hamel Meramec Caverns barn as it now looks, on the Yahoo Route 66 e-mail group, shows that the line with the word CAVERNS is still there, so just the word Meramec at the top is entirely gone.

I didn't remember it as we were just speeding by on I-55 when I caught sight of it.

Or, at least that's going to be my excuse.

Regardless, it is sad to have lost that bit of 66. I am not sure if this was an original barn with the advertising on it or not. Hopefully the 66 Illinois Association can find another barn to paint.

Paint That Barn. --RoadDog

No comments: