The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

History of the Loveless Cafe and Motel-- Part 1

This last trip to the Gulf of Mexico, Liz and I had the opportunity to stop at the Loveless Cafe southwest of Nashville. I've heard a lot about the place and now was the time.

We got off I-24 and took a really pretty drive on Tn-49 and 249. One town we went through was Ashland which I think I've heard is famous for their catfish. Actually, the place is really easy to find if you're on I-40, just four miles south of it.

The food (especially the secret recipe biscuits and jams which are placed on your table) is every bit as good as I'd heard.

The place mats had a Loveless Word Find with words like: tradition, Natchez, jam, bacon, Tn pride, neon and bbq. There was also a maze from Natchez to the Loveless (since the place is right by the northern terminus of the Natchez Trace.

There is also a picture of their famous sign as well as a short history of the place.

More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: