The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Heading Home from North Carolina to White House-- Dec. 1, 2010

Before I return to NC, I figure I ought to finish up writing about my last trip there three months ago.

I was in the '05 Dakota gas-guzzling truck and now on my way back home, by way of White House, Tennessee (north of Nashville off I-65).

Gas was $2.74 in Goldsboro, NC, so filled up.

Listening to my new Four Seasons Christmas album. I didn't like most of it at first, but it sorta grew on me. Also listened to Darius Rucker's (he of Hootie and the Blowfish) new album, "Charleston, S.C.--1966." Another great effort.

As usual, took US-70 to Raleigh and picked up I-40. That I-40 from Raleigh to Durham is about as intense of driving as you'll ever see. If you get through at any time without a jam, you're doing fine. I got through no problems, though.

I was getting the hungers so decided to stop at the Golden Corral at Hanes Mill Mall in Winston-Salem. I had been there once before and found it with difficulty as it is several miles from the exit.

This time, I was unable to find it. But, I did find nine stoplights, all red, on my way. When i decided to give up looking for it, I could see I-40 in the distance, but it was a case of "You Can't Get There from Here."

There was no I-40 exit west, but one east (of no use to me).

About ten more red lights later backtracking, I finally was able to get on the interstate and continue on my way.

I WON'T be grazing THERE again. I later did find a Golden Corral west of W-S.

Arrived at White House just about the time my nephew Andy got home from business in Alabama. I drove 624 miles (no telling how many at that lousy mall in Winston-Salem).

If You're Hungry, Don't Go You Know Where. --RoadDog

No comments: