The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

North Carolina Bound: Summer 2010-- Part 12

Going back to catch up with some things I overlooked on August 29th.

PAOLI, INDIANA-- East of town there is a building with lots of old gas signs, There was also an old gas station further down the road.

I saw a "See Rock Falls" sign painted on the roof of an old barn.

You have to wonder why Paoli is in Orange County. This is not exactly orange growing country, so it must have to do with something else.

I picked up a good station, WKLO Real Country at 96.9 FM featuring oldies and new music.

East of Palmyra, I came across a Buffalo Trace Park. I had read that the whole route of US-150 follows an old buffalo trace across Indiana.

Today is the 5th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.

Approaching Louisville, US-150 was called the Mary Anderson Memorial Highway.

I'll Get To NC One of These Days. --RoadDog

No comments: