The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Wish I Had More Time" on Route 66

I have had some entries on the non-scientific survey done by the Route 66 Chamber of Commerce at http://route66tvonline.com.

They had some comments they found of interest.

1. "Wish I had done this when I was younger."

2. "I should have rented a car instead of using my own."

3. "This will cost me more than I expected."

4. "Gotta support the oil companies."

5. "I need a navigator who is not my wife."

6. "I expected more signs."

7. "Wish I had more time."


MY COMMENTS:

1. Definitely wish I had gotten into this much younger. I was 51 before I got into old roads. Before that, I was Mr. Superslab.

2. But if you rent a car, you can't put one of those nifty "This vehicle has been all 2,400 miles of Route 66." I know our 2003 Malibu sports two such signs proudly.

3. Always expect this to be so.

4. Don't get me started on this.

5. Completely false. Liz is a great navigator. I am a lousy navigator but an ok driver.

6. I'm taking they mean Route 66 signage. Kansas-east is good. Oklahoma-west it's bad.

7. Don't we all. Being retired definitely helps now.

Still Gettin' Our Kicks You Know Where. --RoadDog

No comments: