The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Does "Daydream Believer" Mean Anything to You?

This is from about two years ago, but I see I overlooked it so will include it here.

JOHN STEWART, 68

Died January 19, 2008.

Wrote "Daydeam Believer" for the Monkees, which as we all know became a REALLY BIG HIT. It is one of my wife Liz's two favorite songs of all time and she even had it on her ringtone. I always hate when she gets a call as then that song gets in my head and I can't stop humming it.

OK, so I'm humming it now.

The other song is "Nights in White Satin" by the Moody Blues.


Anyway, before the song, he was a member of the Kingston Trio and later he wrote the song "Runaway Train" for country singer Roseanne Cash. During his career, he had over 40 solo albums. Quite a prolific singer and writer.

Some of the albums were "The Lonesome Picker Rides Again,""Airdream Believer," (I like that one. RATS AGAIN!! THAT SONG!!) and 1997's "Rough Sketches." This last one was a group of songs about Route 66, a road near and dear to me. Some of those songs include: "Neon Road," "Cadillac Ranch" (not Bruce's song), Dogs of San Jon" and "Angel Degadillo."

His fan site said he had been traveling Route 66 for several years and saw it as a metaphor for growth and change of the face of America.

I sure would like to get a copy of this album.

RATS!! There's That Song Again.

1 comment:

DennyG said...

I picked up "Rough Sketches" in Williams, AZ, during my first full length 66 run in 1999 but I didn't play it until I got home. It immediately became a favorite. It is "rough", in the sense that it's not polished and is usually just John, his guitar, and a drum machine, but it is perfect for those quiet stretches of 66 and other roads, too. It and the Road Crew's "Songs From The Mother Road" are my favorite Route 66 CDs. Amazon.com shows both as being available.