The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

TRAFFIC JAMS-- I can attest to two really bad traffic jams that I encountered Thursday and Friday. The first was north of Columbus, Ohio, in I-270. Couldn't get on, couldn't get off and couldn't go anywhere.

That was bad, but the one on I-40 by Raleigh was even worse the next rush hour. I was pleased not to have any jams all the way from Winston-Salem to Durham, but then came Raleigh. Starting at RDU Airport and essentially to where US-70 cuts off by Clayton, it was sit and wait most of the time.


McRIBS-- Quite excited by this, but I saw they had them at Gibson City in Illinois and at the McDonald's west of Zanesville, Ohio. Unfortunately, I had already eaten both times. Evidently, McRibs are not all over the US, because those were the only ones that had them of the few places I drove by where I could see the advertising.


NO SNAPPY LUNCH-- Got off the superslab to go through Andy Griffith's hometown, the forerunner of Mayberry, Mt. Airy, North Carolina. The major goal was to get one of those really tasty porkchop sandwiches at Snappy Lunch on the main street next to Floyd's Barbershop. Andy Taylor mentioned going there for lunch on several episodes.

Parked behind the place in the municipal lot and went to it, only to find they closed at 1:14 on Friday. It was 2:15, so NO PORKCHOP SANDWICHES FOR THE DOG!!! So, remember, if you've got a hankerin' for one of those mouthwatering sandwiches, get there early.

I had to settle for Golden Corral. Oh well, I can think of worse places to eat my sorrows.

Some More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: