The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Arrive in Goldsboro, NC

Arrived at Mom's house last night around 7 PM after two days on the road. I'll have to check how many miles I traveled, but am guessing around a thousand.


GAS PRICES

Remained around $2.60 all the way through Indiana and Ohio. About $2.80 in West Virginia, $2.95 on the Turnpike. Gas is always at least 20 cents more expensive in West Virginia. Guess it is a coal thing.

Always cheaper in Wytheville, Va., and that was $2.42. The trick is to fill up in Ohio and get across W. Va. before filling up. $2.50 to $2.62 coming across North Carolina.


DRIZZLE and CLEAR SKIES

At least it wasn't rain, but drizzle off and on all the way through Illinois and continuous through Indiana, the first day. Cleared up in Ohio, thankfully.Great weather all yesterday.

USUAL ROADS

Illinois Highway 47 south from Woodstock to Champaign. I-74 east to Indianapolis. I-70 to Columbus and on to Zanesville on Wednesday. Thursday US-40 Zanesville to Cambridge. Then I-77 south to I-74 in NC.

US-52 from Mt. Airy to Winston-Salem. I-40 east to Raleigh and US-70 to Goldsboro.

Home for the Holidays. --RoadDog

No comments: