The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Revolutionary War Veterans Buried in Lake and McHenry Counties, Illinois-- Part 1

One of the reasons it takes me so long to do these blogs is that I get sidetracked all the time.

While looking up some extra information on William Wallace in the previous post, I came across a site for Revolutionary War veterans buried in Illinois. Considering that Illinois wasn't a state during the war or even a territory of the new country until after the war, you'd think that there would not be a lot of them buried here, but, there were.

This indicates that there was a major push westward of people moving to the frontier. As we know from history, there was. And many were veterans of the war.

We lived from 1974 to 1992 in Lake County and have been in McHenry County (just to the west, ever since. I had to check out those two counties, and, because of my interest in Route 66 and the Lincoln Highway, of course, I had to look into those counties as well.

I found one each buried in Lake and McHenry counties.

No Wonder. --RoadDog

No comments: