The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hitting the Road Tomorrow

The outside Christmas lights and decorations are up so it is time to cruise on down to North Carolina to visit family for Thanksgiving.

Plans call for Il-47 to Champagne, then superslabbin' it to Columbus, Ohio, to get a bite to eat at David Wickline's Route 66 restaurant. Maybe hook up with him, talk old roads, and get him to sign the first "Images of 66."

Hope to hit a few NTN places as well.

Thursday, a drive on the National Road from Zanesville to Cambridge (my favorite stretch) and I-77 to I-40 and US-70 to Goldsboro. If not Thursday, then Friday. You never know where I'll get waylaid by something interesting.

After some great Carolina pit-cooked pulled pork bbq on Saturday, I hope to get out to the ECU-UAB game in Greenville Saturday.

I'll be gone about two weeks.

On the Road Again, Back on the Road Again. --RoadDog

2 comments:

DennyG said...

I'll be stopping at the 66 Roadhouse this afternoon before an Ohio National Road Association meeting.

RoadDog said...

I am delayed a day, but it would have been great to get together.

See you down the road, perhaps even on the return December 1st or 2nd.

Hope to meet up with David W.