28. DIXIE TRAVEL PLAZA-- McLean. Looking modern after rebuilt from fire. At least the new owners now have a respect for its Route 66 heritage, not like the previous ones who bought it from the original owners. Who'd have expected a place named Dixie this far north.
29. MURALS IN DOWNTOWN PONTIAC-- Sure are a lot of them made over a few days by the WallDogs. And, then there are all those museums.
30. ELKHART HILL-- Sticks out high above surroundings. You can't miss it standing tall above surrounding prairie. Northeast of Springfield.
31. SMILEY FACE WATER TOWER-- Atlanta. Always makes me grimace. I hate Smiley Faces, anywhere, anyhow. Yuck!!
32. ARISTON CAFE-- Litchfield. They even have cheaters for those of us who have a hard time reading the menus. Try to eat in the original room, not the banquet one.
The 27th USCT at Fort Fisher-- Part 1: From Ohio
8 hours ago