The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Okay, First Plans Don't Work Out, So Time to Improvise

This past weekend did not work out as I had planned, mostly because of weather.  I had been going to go out to DeKalb, Illinois, for the NIU Spring Football Game on Saturday, but the weather sure didn't cooperate.  Temps were around 30 degrees with sleet, rain and snow (thankfully no accumulation) and a blustery wind which blew it right through you.

There was no way I was going to sit outside for any length of time.

I was also going to go from DeKalb and spend several days out at one of my favorite towns along the Mississippi River (and on the Lincoln Highway as is DeKalb), Clinton, Iowa.  I would be driving the Lincoln Highway there.  

From there I was going to Galena, Illinois for several days and attend the dedication of a bust honoring Sgt. Henry Taylor of Galena who received a Medal of Honor for his actions at Vicksburg during the Civil War this Saturday.

***************************************

FRIDAY, APRIL 21

I went over to pal Frank and Liane's place and had an excellent steak dinner and watched shows on Netflix before going to the Fox Lake American Legion for pull tabs and found out that the Fox Lake Historical Society and the village were dedicating a historical marker tomorrow.

Since I had already decided not to go to the football game, I decided to go history.

--RoadWeather


No comments: