The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Going Back to 1973-- Part 3: "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'

Fifty years ago was quite busy for me.  I graduated from NIU, got married, bought my first car, got my first apartment and started a teaching career that lasted for 33 years.  These were songs that I sure associate with that time.

DANCING DAYS--  Led Zeppelin

LET'S GET IT ON--  Marvin Gaye  (Whenever I hear this song, I can't help but think about that episode in "King of Queens" when they went to the B&B.)

ROCKY MOUNTAIN WAY--  Joe Walsh

NO MORE MR. NICE GUY-- Alice Cooper

GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD--  Elton John

SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT--  Bruce Springsteen

JET--  Paul McCartney

HOCUS POCUS--  Focus

MONTANA--  Frank Zappa

WE'RE AN AMERICAN BAND--  Grand Funk Railroad

ALL THE WAY FROM MEMPHIS--  Mott the Hoople

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I've Been Really Tryin', Baby."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Let's Get It On"


No comments: