The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Where to Eat in Cincinnati, Well, You Say Cincinnati, I Say CHILI!!


From the March 22, 2020, Chicago Tribune  by Patti Nickell.

She says she has to get her Cincinnati fix at least once or twice a year.  She goes for the Queen City's cultural attractions and the for the food.

Cincinnati's culinary scene is influenced by several things, including German roots, regional produce and good beers.

She says chili doesn't come to mind for first time visitors, but those who know, know this is not so.  That is my first thought of eating in Cincinnati, thanks to buddy Denny.   He is the one who turned me on to this delicacy.  Something I seek out.  Cincy Chili.  Wow!!

Patti's first choice of chili is Camp Washington Chili.  This is where I got my first taste of Cincinnati chili as well when Denny took me there.  They offer other items, but those in there for the chili, order its 3-, 4- and 5-way chili.  And this is not a bowl of chili like you get most places outside of Cincinnati

Cincinnati chili is more like a thick sauce topping spaghetti, or, you can get it on a hot dog.

In case you're wondering:

3-way:  spaghetti, chili sauce and cheese (and they put lots and lots of finely grated cheese on these)

4-way:  spaghetti, chili sauce and your choice of beans or onions

5-way:  everything.

I usually get the 4-way with onions.

--RoadCincy

No comments: