The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

In Honor of Veterans Day: The National World War II Museum in New Orleans


On Nov. 10 and 11,  I wrote about five places you should visit to commemorate Veterans Day in my Not So Forgotten:  War of 1812 blog.  This is one of them.

From Wikipedia.

Formerly known as the National D-Day Museum, it was founded in 2000, but later designated by Congress as our National WW II museum.  The museum opened on the 56th anniversary of D-Day, June 6, 2000.

New Orleans' D-Day legacy came from the fact that this is where those Higgins boats were made.  They were those small boats loaded with Allied soldiers coming ashore on that day.

This place is definitely on my list of places to visit, but sadly, that won't happen for awhile because I am boycotting one of my favorite cities in the world because of what they did to those Confederate statues.  But at some point I will get over it and will be there.

Looking Forward to That Time.  --RoadDog

No comments: