The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, September 11, 2017

Fire and Police Commemoration of 9-11 Today in McHenry, Illinois-- Part 1

I was able to get to Veterans Park in McHenry for the 9-11 Observance. this morning.  There was a good-sized crowd, probably about 150 counting fire and police personnel.  I brought along my police American flag.  this is the one where the red has been removed so just blue and white stripes and one big blue stripe.  I figured this was a good way to thank our police.

The mayor spoke first and then we had a flag that had flown at NYFD Station #10 across from where the World Trade Center stood which was raised to the top of the pole and then lowered to half mast.  I do not believe it was the flag that was flying there that day, however.

Then, the McHenry High School chorus sang the "Star-Spangled Banner."

All seven of my blogs today are on 9-11.


No comments: