The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

N.C. Jan. 2017-- Part 34: The "Begin U.S.-421" Sign


JANUARY 17, 2017, TUESDAY

Well, I'm at the very southern terminus of US Highway (Route)-421.  There is a parking area and boat launch there by "The Rocks" and Battery Buchanan.  And, I really like the "Begin I.S. 421" sign.  On the other side, it has a "End U.S.-421 sign.  I wish all highway termini would have these signs.

Unfortunately, it doesn't say where or how far the northern terminus is.   That would have been even neater if they did have it.

Of course, US-421 is the one we would get on by Wilmington and take it to Carolina Beach, North Carolina, where I spent lots of time growing up.  It is also the bridge over Snow's Cut, where you got that wonderful first-glimpse of the Atlantic Ocean, meaning "You have ARRIVED at the Beach.  Oh Boy, Oh Boy!!"

And, of course, from there you drive through Kure Beach to FORT FISHER!!  So you know how important this stretch of road is to me.

The Road to Paradise.  --RoadDog

No comments: