The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

N.C. January 2017-- Part 8: Radioing My Way Through N. Carolina

Continued friom March 17.  Perhaps I will get there at some time.

January 13, 2017, Friday.

I am driving through the western part of N.C., now, listening to the Classic Country station, windows down and enjoying 77 degree temperatures..

This is my fifth drive to and from North Carolina since May because of my mother's death, so I am getting quite used to the drive.  As I get east of Greensboro, I lose WBRF and switch to 850 AM out of Raleigh, which plays a mix of oldies like our MeTV Radio back in the Chicago area.

I was to meet my nephew Andy's plane from Nashville at RDU and then drive him to Topsail Beach  We drove I-40 to US-17 outside of Wilmington and took it most of the way to the beach.  We got to Hamstead at 4:40 p.m. and the traffic going both ways was almost Raleigh Rush Hour bad.

--RoadDog

No comments: