The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, March 4, 2017

In Case You're Wondering About (l)ouisville-- The Shame

In the last post, I spelled that city's name (l)ouisville.  And, there is a reason for that.

It is because of their shame and the great disgrace they recently did to men from that city who cast their lot with the Confederacy during the Civil War.  As such, they will now be lower case.

A memorial was dedicated in 1895 and had to be removed because some people found it offensive, the slavery thing as we have heard and heard.  The memorial was taken down by the city and the university.  But, at least the city of Brandenburg, Kentucky, had the decency to accept it and it now stands there.

Because of the great dishonor louisville did to my heritage, it is not likely that I will be going there to visit, other than to drive through it.  I may even stop eating those "Hot Browns."  And, I really like them.

And, louisville charged a toll to drive across the river from Indiana.  It was $2 if you have I-Pass, (which we don't) and $4 if not (and you pay a bill by mail as there are no toll booths).  I am thinking of paying $2 and sending the other $2  to the SCV and UDC.

The Shame and Dishonor of louisville.  --RoadDog

No comments: