The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Young Whippersnappers

Last night, after the Clinton Lumber King loss to the West Michigan Whitecaps, we went back to the Best Western for a night cap and to drown our sorrows as we had ANOTHER LOSS. For some reason, the Lumber Kings almost always lose when we see them. Perhaps we are just bad luck.

And, I don't have to worry about driving, especially in Clinton with its one way streets and meandering roads.

The hotel has a nice bar called Remingtons so an ice cold beer or two seemed in order.

When we came in, there were about five or six young folks in their very, very early twenties having lunch boxes (drinks) and playing some of "their" music on an ipod (?) hooked up to the deejay booth. Definitely not Liz or my favorite kind of music.

They were "worried" that they were being too boisterous, drinking too hard, and playing their music too loud (and they offered to play "old tunes" for us). Very nice young lads (who could just about be our grandkids).

But, hey guys, I was partying way back before your parents were even a gleam in your grand daddies' eyes. The groups and bands I have seen, the level of volume I played (hey, back in my thirties the next door neighbor kids would call the house to ask that I turn my music down).

Plus, I deejayed for for longer than you've been alive and had some great times doing that.

I don't think I'm ready to be put out to pasture, just yet (unless these drink prices keep getting too much higher).

Growing Older, But Not Up and Still Lovin' It. --RoadDog

No comments: