The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Red Barchetta

OK, I've just spent the last hour finding out about this song and the one by the Dead Milkmen. I gave both a listen.

RED BARCHETTA-- RUSH

I had never heard of it although I am somewhat familiar with Rush. I found out that I had the song on my "RUSH CHRONICLES" double cassette and on my "Rush The Spirit of Radio Greatest Hits 1974-1987" CD. I'm listening to it right now.

There were several videos on YouTube, plus, I found the lyrics on another site.

This is one really great song and I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to listen to it. That sure was a lot of words to remember to sing in one song. I wonder how Geddy Lee remembered all of them.

And, it is a long one clocking in at 6:14 and from the 1981 "Moving Pictures" album. The song takes place in a post-petroleum future where gasoline-powered sports cars are illegal. His uncle has kept one hidden and Geddy takes it out for a cruise only to be chased by future cars.

"Wind in my hair
Shifting and drifting
Mechanical music
Adrenaline surge"

I then had to find out what a Barchetti was. Never heard of one. It is an Italian sports car.

Warning, this song can cause speeding tickets. Do not play while driving. Oh well, I'd chance it. "Honest officer, I was only driving fast because of Rush."

I'll definitely be putting this on my cruising list. As a matter of fact I'm recording it on my "On the Road Again" cassette as I get ready for Bob Stroud's Ten at Ten on the Drive.

Thanks Cars.com.

VROOOM, VROOOMMMM!!! --RoadDog

No comments: