The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bus Trip to Springfield, Illinois-- April 21st-- Route 66

I read that the IEA (Illinois Education Association) was having a mass rally in Springfield on April 21st to push for House Bill 174, to properly fund Illinois schools which aren't properly funded. I contacted my friend Terri and picked her up in Round Lake and drove to IEA local region headquarters in Libertyville where we boarded a bus.

We saw some videos on the way and also received a visor and rally towel.


THE TRIP THERE

It is always nice when someone else does the driving, giving me the opportunity to look along the roadsides better. Of course, much of this trip would be along side or on top of the Old Route 66. We're usually on it, so getting another prospective is great.

On I-55, I saw a White Fence Farm--World's Greatest Chicken billboard. I sure would like to get a chance to eat there some day. It is closed every time we visit. Another sign said Historic 66 Exit 268, which was S. Joliet Road, Illinois Highway 53 in Bolingbrook.

We stopped for a bathroom break at one of the prettiest rest stops I've ever been to between Pontiac and Chenoa near MM 190. Nice facilities, but it was on a picturesque stream with plenty of viewing areas, even a gazebo as well as picnic tables.

Someday, we might get a lunch to go in Pontiac, get on the interstate, and stop at this rest stop to eat. I think this stream might be the same one that I like so much south of Pontiac on Route 66.

Not There Yet. --RoadDog

No comments: