The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Vinyl Frontier, My Kind of Place

January 29th.

During the late afternoon, I left for Woodstock, stopping along the way at one of my new favorite places, a mom and pop used record and CD place at 1326 North Riverside Drive in McHenry, Illinois, called The Vinyl Frontier (Snork, Snork) and browsed through their CD cut out section. Lots of good stuff in there, but unfortunately I already had the CDs I wanted.

I did purchase two zydeco CDs, one by John DuBois called Rendez-Vous Louisianais sung completely in French, and Joel Sonnier's Come On Joe, a combination of French/country styles.

Had a great time listening to the albums on the way back and forth to Woodstock for the Groundhog Days festival the next two days.

I sure miss these old mom and pop places where the people actually know music.

Last year, we lost Record Revolution on the old Lincoln Highway in Dekalb, Illinois, and a few years earlier we saw the last of Full Cyrkle Records in Crystal Lake. Those were great places to browse and gab about records.

Downloading Just Doesn't Do It for Me. I'm Sure Going to Miss It When the Albums Are Gone. --RoadDog

No comments: