The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Groundhog Days 2010-- Part 2


I forgot to mention one other thing I learned at the trivia contest. Steve Tobolowski, who played Ned Ryerson in the movie, is also on some new show called Glee as a director of the glee club and his name on it is Ned Ryerson.

Drove the short distance over to the Moose Lodge and paid my $15 for the Dinner Dance/Bachelor Auction. This Moose Lodge is the same place used for that in the movie and where Bill Murray showed off his new chops on the piano.

Great Italian buffet with spaghetti and meat sauce, Italian sausage, linguine, chicken parmesan and Caesar salad. I fully availed myself.

Every table had people sitting at them so I asked a couple sitting by themselves if I could join them. That was alright with them. I found out that Drew and Jill had driven in from Alma, Michigan (a ways north of Lansing) and they were here as a surprise birthday present for her. What a nice guy.

She manages a theater there and he is a graduate of Michigan State. We both agreed that we didn't much like the University of Michigan. They were staying at the Town Square Inn on the square, a place I'd like to stay. It only has six rooms and theirs cost $100. He was surprised to get one just two months ago.

The Band and Auction Up Next. --RoadDog

No comments: