The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

2009 Trip to North Carolina-- Part 9-- Coming Home

I hit the oval barn jackpot on I-74 between MMs 203 and 204. There were three of them. One of these days I'll have to find out more about them. They are unique and at least five are along Il-47, the road I take from home to Champaign.

While station jumping (pushing the old search button) I came across the really great station called the WHIP at 98.3 FM. They play music like you can't get too much of anywhere else, what they call Americana: blues, bluegrass, alternative country rock and gospel. That is quite a variety. You can get it from around Champaign, Illinois. They are located in Farmersville and I am happy to report that they stream live over the net. I now have it on my favorites.

By the time I got to Gibson City, home of the City of Gibson Water Works, I wasn't really hungry, but the McDonald's had McRibs. I wasn't going to pass up a chance for one, so I ate again. This had to be the all-time slowest McDonald's I've ever been to. I've been there before, and they were alright in the speed department. It took about ten minutes to get served, part of it due to the people in front of me. Had it not been for a McRib, i would have been out of there.

Then, I had fun with a freight train blocking Il-47 north of town. It was moving slow, then stopped, and then BACKED UP. I must have been there twenty minutes. I thought they had a time limit for blocking traffic.

I was beginning to think I was never going to get out of Gibson City!!

The rest of the trip was fine. All those new wind turbines by Odell, Illinois, were especially pretty at night with those blinking red lights out in the fields.

Sure Glad to Get Home. --RoadDog

No comments: