The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Long Weekend on the Road-- Part 7-- Jubelt's and Route 66 Meeting

April 19th

I've been wanting to eat at Jubelt's in Litchfield for quite some time now, and today was the day.

The place was packed with pre-church folks and obviously quite popular. The waitress told me they'd been in business since 1922 and at one time they had six places, but this is the only one left. It is right next to the Ariston. I had v one huge omelet and gravy for my biscuit. Good eating.


TOO EARLY

I drove over to Majestic Banquets, but found out I was too early so was forced to go over to Wal-Mart where I found a lot of $3 and $2.50 CDs. Cost me quite a bit of money, but some great road cruising tunes like: 80s Party, Shake That Groove Thing, Disco Party (hey, that was good music!), 60s R&B, Booty Hits, and even Best of Hip Hop. Also, at $3 was Billy J. Kramer's GH, Ernest Tubb & Friends, Country Legends, and, at $5, Hohnny Horton's GH. I like a variety.


ROUTE 66 ASSOCIATION OF ILLINOIS

The meeting was on when I returned. This was the directors' meeting, but open for all.

Ernie Edwards, the "Old Coot on 66" and owner of the Pig Hip Restaurant in Broadwell was there with wife Fran. He has been the director from Logan County for many years, but age, he's 92, has made it too difficult, so he resigned, adding, in typical Ernie-style, that "People don't listen to me anymore anyway."

More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: