The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Road Spring Cruise-- Part 6-- Richmond and New Paris

Drove through Richmond to the Golden Inn, just over the border in New Paris, Ohio, and got a room at the Golden Inn Motel, a true 40s-50s mom-pop place. I always prefer to stay at one of these when on the road. Sitting outside your room and talking and enjoying the grounds sure beats nothing but parking lots.

I was a bit worried about getting a room since I hadn't done so in advance as I was told that there was a big show in the araea that weekend, but didn't have any problem. and, it was only $55 with tax, pretty reasonable for these days.

I drove back to Richmond to play NTN at Buffalo Wild Wings as I had never played there before. Played the game with a guy from Oklahoma who was running the show which turned out to be a dog show.

Stopped at a liquor store (unlike Cave City, Ky, where we were two years ago, they sell alcohol). Actually saw my first-ever Heavenly Hill bourbons. On that last cruise two years ago, we had visited their brewery, but I'd never seen a bottle since.

MIGHTY GOOD EATING

We met up with the others who were on the cruise here. After some talk out by the small trees, we drove a mile north to Baumbach's for some of the best bbq I've ever had. Very rustic interior, nothing fancy, just good food.

I got the pulled pork with two sides. I'd never seen a place have both sweet potato fies and baked sweet potatoes, but, they had it. Not much question about what I was ordering. All that for $10. Even better, their featured beer was Lone Star for a buck an ice-cold bottle. Fully availed myself.

Then, afterward, we went back to the motel for a late evening gab session, something I like as well as cruising the road.

Cruising, Eating, and Talking. Does It Get Much better Than That? --RoadDog

No comments: