The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, March 14, 2015

It's Irish Day 'Round Here

St. Patrick's Day is Tuesday, but will be celebrated around here mostly today.

Right now, I am listening to "The Unicorn" by the Irish Rovers.  This was a song that my friend Chris would request every time I played for the St. Patrick's Parade in downtown Lake Villa, Illinois, at George's Cedar Inn.  I did that for many years and, as a matter of fact, this was the very last place I ever deejayed about three, maybe four, years ago.  It is on one of my ten St. Patrick's cassettes I recorded for use there and elsewhere.

I had a deal worked out with it's owner, George, that I would play every year there for St.Patrick's even after I was retired, which I was a few years earlier.  That would be for as long as he owned the place and my equipment worked.  I did it for free in honor of out long-standing good times.

He was getting old and sold the bar and it is now a pizza place after a lot of much needed innovation.

I am going to that parade at noon and will have my cb&c pizza, a real taste trip.

They used to have a corned beef & cabbage (cb&c) dinner, all-you-can-eat) and it was the best cb&c ever.

Oh Well, Old Times Were Sure Good Times.  --RoadDog

No comments: